Should today be a sick day?
Nobody likes being sick. The hacking cough, the phlegm, the sleepless nights… a cough totally disrupts your life, and often times, the lives of the people around you. But that doesn’t mean that work, school, and your usual hectic schedule will slow down for your illness.
So, when should you stay in and rest? And when is it okay to head out to work, school, or the gym with a cough and cold? Read on for some tips on when you should take a rest day. Hello
You should stay home if:
- You have a fever.
- A doctor has advised you to stay home.
- You are contagious.
- You are experiencing extreme symptoms such as nausea, migraines, vomiting, or diarrhea.
- You’re exhausted to the point where it will impact your ability to fulfil your duties at work.
- You’re taking medications that could impair your ability to think, work, operate machinery, or drive.
It’s okay to head out to school or work if:
- Your cough is due to non-contagious illnesses (allergies or asthma for example).
- Your doctor has cleared you to return to work or school.
- Your symptoms are mild (for example, nearing the end of an illness) and won’t impact your ability to work.
If you’re sick but have to head out:
- Be prepared with Robitussin products to help ease your symptoms.
- Carry a small wellness package with tissues, hand sanitizers, and disinfecting wipes.
- Never cover your mouth with your hand to cough or sneeze. Instead, cough or sneeze into your elbow to help stop the spread of germs.
- It’s okay to skip a handshake or hug when you’re not feeling well. Your coworkers, friends, and family will appreciate it!
It’s okay to take a sick day!
Even in the most hectic of days, when you’re too sick for school or work, it’s best to take care of yourself and get the rest you need. Plus, your classmates and coworkers will appreciate you not spreading the germs.
Robitussin means relief
Whether on the go or at home, Robitussin can help relieve your symptoms to make you feel better through the day and night. To find out which Robitussin products are right for your symptoms, visit our products page. Always refer to your doctor if you have any questions, or your symptoms worsen.